Hydraulics of Spillways and Energy Dissipators by R. M. Khatsuria Free Download. Mainly this Book is useful for Civil Engineering Students. The author Rajnikant M. Khatsuria clearly explained about this book by using simple language. Students who were eagerly waiting to know the details about Hydraulics of Spillways and Energy Dissipators subject must follow this book to know the complete information.
About Hydraulics of Spillways and Energy Dissipators by R. M. Khatsuria
|Name of the Book||Hydraulics of Spillways and Energy Dissipators|
|Name of the Author||R.M. Khatsuria|
|Name of the Publisher||CRC Press|
An unsurpassed treatise on the state-of-the-science in the research and design of spillways and energy dissipators, Hydraulics of Spillways and Energy Dissipators compiles a vast amount of information and advancements from recent conferences and congresses devoted to the subject. It highlights developments in theory and practice and emphasizing topics related to scale effect, dynamic flow measurement, and the analysis and interpretation of model results.
Consolidates and compares the available information on various design approaches, procedures, and structure types to benefit practicing engineers. Reflecting the author’s nearly four decades of experience in the field, this handbook.
- Provides four broad sections on spillway design, flood- estimation and selection, various types of spillways and energy dissipators, and topics of special interest.
- Offers valuable case studies and illustrative examples to effectively highlight key topics in the text.
- Includes chapters on crucial design elements such as cavitation, air entrainment, and aerators.
- Contains extensive discussions of spillway construction stages, dual purpose spillways, overtopping protection of earth dams used as spillways, unlined spillways, fuse plugs and fuse gate spillways, air entrainment and forced aeration, and protection against detrimental forces such as cavitation, uplift, and scour.
Table of Contents
- Spillways: Functions and Classification
- Spillway Design: An Overview
- Spillway Design Flood: Estimation and Selection
- Ogee or Overflow Spillways
- Chute and Side Channel Spillways
- Stepped Spillways
- Siphon Spillways
- Shaft Spillways
- Labyrinth and Duckbill Spillways
- Tunnel and Culvert Spillways
- Free Jet and Straight Drop Spillways
- Fuse Plugs and Fuse Gate Spillways
- Spillways for Flood and Sediment Disposal
- Unlined Spillways
- Inflatable Rubber Weirs
- Overtopping Protection of Dams Used as Spillways
- Spillway Crest Gates
- Spillway Construction Stages
- Energy Dissipators for Spillways
- Hydraulic Jump Stilling Basins
- Trajectory Buckets
- Solid and Slotted Roller Buckets
- Energy Dissipators for Shaft and Tunnel Spillways
- Impact-Type Energy Dissipators
- Unconventional Designs
- Cavitation in Spillways and Energy Dissipators.
- Air Entrainment and Forced Aeration.
- Hydraulic Modeling of Spillways and Energy Dissipators.
Get this book from Amazon
Check the above links for Hydraulics of Spillways and Energy Dissipators by R. M. Khatsuria Book.