Gas Dynamics by Rathakrishnan E
Gas Dynamics by Rathakrishnan Pdf Free Download.
Name of the Book: Gas Dynamics
Author(s) Name: Rathakrishnan E
Edition: 6th Edition
Name of the Publisher: Mcgraw Hill Education
Book Format: PDF
Book Language: English
Gas Dynamics by Ethirajan Rathakrishnan. This book is useful to Btech, Mechanical Engineering Students. This Book is also useful to students who were prepared for competitive exams.
About Gas Dynamics Textbook
This revised and updated fifth edition continues to provide the most accessible and readable approach to the study of all vital topics and issues associated with gas dynamic processes. At every stage, the physics governing the process, its applications and limitations are discussed in-depth. Gas Dynamics by Rathakrishnan Free Download Pdf.
With a strong emphasis on basic concepts and problem-solving skills, this text is suitable for a course on gas dynamics/compressible flows/high-speed aerodynamics at both undergraduate and postgraduate level in aerospace engineering, mechanical engineering, chemical engineering and applied physics. The elegant and concise style of the book, along with illustrations and worked examples, makes it eminently suitable for self-study by scientists and engineers working in the field of gas dynamics in industries and research laboratories.
In this edition, several new solved examples on stationary and moving shocks have been introduced. The book also contains an example that highlights the application of shock-expansion theory and thin aerofoil theory. New problems have been added in a number of chapters to help students practice application of the theory studied. The computer programme to calculate the coordinates of contoured nozzle, with the method of characteristics, has been given in C-language. The programme listing along with a sample output is given in the Appendix.
Key Features include
- Concise coverage of thermodynamic concepts to serve as a revision of the background material.
- Logical and systematic treatment of fundamental aspects of gas dynamics, waves in the supersonic regime and gas dynamic processes.
- In-depth presentation of potential equations for compressible flows, similarity rule and two-dimensional compressible flows.
- Introduction to measurements in compressible flows and optical flow visualisation techniques.
- Introduction to rarefied gas dynamics and high-temperature gas dynamics.
- Solution Manual for instructors containing the complete worked-out solutions to chapter-end problems.
Get this book from Google Books